Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Glass artist required to be graphic artist!


I wish someone would have told me that I needed to become good at graphic arts, photography and business when I started making beads! There's really no end to the number of times I need to have an ad made or tweaked for a magazine or website. Including my own! This is the new banner I made in Photoshop for the Cindy Gimbrone Beads website. I had a lovely ad made from a graphic artist - I really loved it! The problem came when I needed to tweak it for the website or a web-ad I wanted to take out - I couldn't tweak the ad! I decided as well intentioned as it was to have someone else make the ads, I just had to make them myself. It was the only way I was going to know how to tweak it and update it regularly. I like what I've come up with and I know that I can do the adjustments on it as necessary. When I get my logo completed, I'll be able to tweak the banners and include it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!

Who knew that wanting to be a jewelry artist required so many other talents? There are times when I want to scream! I'm feelin' your pain!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Miachelle! Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me some virtual support! Smile!