Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Where have I been?!?


I've been sucked into the year end inventory and taxes preparation. Trying to get that all in order and clean out the office and studio. Now THAT's a major task!

I've created an anti-valentine pendant. These are entitled "pins in my heart." My 14 year old was having a particularly bad few weeks and I just felt bad for him. It's tough to be a teen. Their hearts are so soft and the smallest slight can feel like needles and pins. When I went to the torch, all I could think of was how he felt. So instead of trying to put it out of my mind, I just let it in and be the inspiration for the day.

2 comments:

melanie brooks said...

Oh, ouch! I remember feeling like I had a pin in my heart when I was a teen too. I love the way you made these hearts with the pins in them.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Sometimes great beads from from real life! Everyone can relate to that "pin" feeling. Thanks for posting, Melanie!