Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brrr - it's cold so what's on your workbench?


If you follow my blog, you know my glass studio is unheated so in the winter it can be a challenge to melt glass. I've got heaters and hot kilns out there but since there's no insulation, it loses the heat quickly when the outdoor temperatures are under the freezing mark. So what's a rabid creative person like myself to do?

Make something! Yep, when it's cold in the studio, this Bead Committment Phobe sits down and actually commits to designs! YAY! Yesterday, I spread out all my jewelry making supplies on the coffee table in the family room. A few of the Skully Kidz and Goth Kidz were made into necklaces. One of a kind beads were made into zipper pulls and cell phone charms. I decided to add finished pieces to my etsy shop to expand the offerings.

I've got an eclectic style, the spirals are elegant and simple, the Heartz n Skullz edgey and the one of a kind unpredictable. I never know exactly what's going to come out of the glass - but it's always fun and interesting. Even more so when it's cold outside!

No comments: