Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Happened....

yesterday. The Bean Counter quit his job. I told you it was going to happen but wasn't sure when. He hates his job and has been miserable for about 5 years. There's more to life than $$ - you can't put a price on being happy.

Yesterday TBC decided it was time to leave and pursue his own business. Seems we've become a 21st century couple because we didn't call, we sent text messaged:

TBC: i think today is the day.

Me: Leap if you need to. I'll catch you.

TBC: i love you.

Me: I love me too and you! hee hee!

(two hours pass)

TBC: I did it.

Me: WOW! Congratulations!!!


It's done. Now we move on to another phase in our life. It's going to be exciting and new - after 26 years of marriage, I thought the new chapters were when our son left home but it's not - we're still writing new stories!

Wheeee!!!

8 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Good Luck to you and your husband as you both embark on this new part of your life's journey!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks, Rosebud :-) We're scared but ready. He got home last night and we opened our best bottle of wine and drank it in record time! LOL! It's time to do this :-)

Cindy

Deb said...

Ahh Cindy - I wish you & TBC all the best.
It sounds as if you have had time to become somewhat acclimatized to it & now that it's happened, it's almost a relief :o)

I have a feeling that it's going to bring about great things - after all anything has to be an improvement on a man that isn't happy in his work.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Cindy, I wear a bracelet made by a silversmith many years ago - it says 'live the life you've imagined' - I send that message to you and your family and know that by opening this up to another possibility the world will show you things you never imagined. What's the old zen saying - 'there's no room for anything to be added to a full teacup' - you've just poured out and created a new space for possibilities. Hugs!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Deb,

I agree - it's a relief! Finally, that part is done. He's such a good person, he really doesn't deserve to be so unhappy and depressed all the time. After 5 years of telling him I'd be happy to take over as breadwinner so he could follow his dream, he's trusted me enough to do it. YAY!

On to a new chapter - we're excited and scared!

Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Lynn. I truly appreciate the good vibes wending their way from you to me! I love the full teacup analogy. It is time for him to live the life he's dreamed of and I'm happy to support him in that - afterall, he's picked me up several times after I fell flat on my face. Supporting him now is easy - I still think he's the nicest person I ever met. He deserves to be happy.

Hugging back!
Cindy

Amanda said...

Congratulations to your husband on pursuing the life he wants to live! I'm sure that good things will come your way in your family's new situation fairly soon. (:

What does your husband want to start his business in?

angelinabeadalina said...

Wahoooooo!! Here's to that new chapter for the two of you!! Best wishes for much happiness and a even deeper love for the two of you as you begin this new adventure!