Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Have I done it right?

Some things are just karma. I've spent most of my life trying become the perfect person due to a family dynamic I'm now getting a handle on. I've been drawn to the Hindu and Buddhist concept of "karma" and "reincarnation" or the cycle of birth and death and rebirth. It's seen as a cycle of suffering that you're released from when you reach Enlightenment. Karma contributes to the cycle but it can be seen as endless almost - kind of like the family in Tuck Everlasting - there's a sadness in it sometimes. But I've never felt that way. I take great hope in the cycle. I'm relieved I get another chance to improve - to get it right! The idea of basically a re-do is very uplifting. So what if I have to do one thousand lifetimes? I know I can eventually get to Enlightenment.

Cool.

But why have I shared my innermost spiritual beliefs with you? Seems kinda off topic doesn't it?

It is.

But I do have a point.

When I read Kandice's post on which tarot card she was. I thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I went over and got this one:


You are the World


Completion, Good Reward.


The World is the final card of the Major Arcana, and as such represents saturnian energies, time, and completion.


The World card pictures a dancer in a Yoni (sometimes made of laurel leaves). The Yoni symbolizes the great Mother, the cervix through which everything is born, and also the doorway to the next life after death. It is indicative of a complete circle. Everything is finally coming together, successfully and at last. You will get that Ph.D. you've been working for years to complete, graduate at long last, marry after a long engagement, or finish that huge project. This card is not for little ends, but for big ones, important ones, ones that come with well earned cheers and acknowledgements. Your hard work, knowledge, wisdom, patience, etc, will absolutely pay-off; you've done everything right.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

:) :) :) I don't know what else to write, except that your explanation of your beliefs simply made me smile. You've certainly done that part right, it can be heard in your words :)

Shai Williams said...

I loved the test! I have always been drawn to the card "High Priestess" and that is what the test turned up for me.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

That was fun, Cindy! I turned up a card I'm not familiar with, and put the info on the blog. Don't know what the card means, but the artwork on it was lovely, too.