Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Tuesday Tangle Tutorial: Well Loved Earrings
This week the Tuesday Tangle is a tutorial.
A Tangle Tutorial - get it?
Ok ok, before I chase you away with my bad jokes, today's tangle is a reward for you coming back. Last Saturday, I debuted my new word beads on Studio Saturday. So today, I'd like to show you a quick pair of earrings I've made with the new beads. I call these, "Well loved" because your best friends and allies love you best.
Ally word beads
Two (2) Vintaj pearl headpins
Two (2) Vintaj kidney earring wires
Two (2) Vintaj 8mm foliage bead caps
Four (4) vintage 3.5mm orange firepolished Czech glass beads
Dapping Block/punch set
wire flush cutters
1. Open the Vintaj 8mm foliage bead caps to fit the 12-13mm Ally word beads. Place in the dapping block and hammer with the punch to widen the 8mm bead cap. Start with a size just slightly larger than the 8mm bead cap. Go up to the next size and tap with the punch to widen the bead cap more. Keep gradually widening the cap until it is able to fit over the 12mm Ally word bead. Do this with all four beadcaps.
2. String in this order onto the Vintaj pearl headpin: vintage orange Czech bead, foliage bead cap, Ally word bead, foliage bead cap, vintage orange Czech bead.
3. Cut the headpin down to approximately 1/2 inch from the top of the orange Czech bead. If the end of the wire is sharp, file to make it smooth.
4. Use your round nose pliers to make a loop. Do steps 2-4 to make the matched pair.
5. String onto the kidney wires.
There you have it! Your own set of "Well Loved!"