Monday, October 31, 2011

On My Workbench: New Off Loom Beadweaving with Seed Beads


I'm working on a off-loom beadweaving technique, right angle weave. I'm not a rank beginner to off loom beadweaving. I learned peyote and brick stitch about 10 years ago and have a little 4 x 6 box where I keep my off loom work.

I've never taken on RAW though and when I saw Kalmach's new addition to their Stitch Workshop series, I figured it was a good time to teach myself.  So I'm in the middle of a series of "practice bracelets," simple, flat right angle weave done with .5mm stretch cording.


I'll review the book the book tomorrow after I finish the bracelets I've started. What about you, have you done any off loom beadweaving lately?

4 comments:

Hazel Ward said...

I've only ever done off-loom bead-weaving - unfortunately, I'm one of those people who end up spilling all the tiny beads off my workspace, so I end up working on the floor, picking up the beads as I work :D

Your beading box looks very inviting :)

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks for stopping by, Hazel! I pick up all kinds of beads from my floor too. Putting away the size 6 seed beads I used for this project, I missed the drawer and all the beads spilled onto the deep pile carpet! Ugh! What a time I had picking those up! :-)

Now to work the RAW into jewelry with my lampwork beads!

Sterling Silver Jewelry said...

Very Interesting information i like it.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Gold Charm Bracelet said...

Very nice work of beading the small beads together...I like the mix of various colors,bracelets such as these make the look very bright and fancy.