Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Applications for next year's shows and ETSY....


I've been working on applications for next year's shows. Bead and Button requests that you submit a minimum of 6 class proposals. You apply on-line and then you have to send the finished product to their offices....it stays there for 6 months. Oh, and by the way, if they lose your work or damage it, it's not their fault. You're supposed to add a rider to your insurance to cover any damages that might be incurred. Don't know what to say about that. It doesn't seem right but then again, I'm not Bead and Button. AND it's not deterring me from sending in 6 proposals and the accompanying pieces to go with it! There's just sometimes that you feel like the little guy and this is definitely one of those times! :-)

Today's eye candy is one of the finished projects that I am proposing...Lucky Knots and Lampwork. This is the original design, a single handmade lampworked bead as the centerpiece of a knotted rope. I taught this class at Beadfest 2005 in Philadelphia. I really enjoyed teaching the class - I learned more from the students I think than they learned from me!

I've proposed a few other classes that I'll post later on in the week.

I've opened an etsy.com shop (link at the left). I want to put a variety of things in the shop and will do so over the next couple of weeks. I've got soap dishes and cutting boards that I've been developing. Right now, I've got some beads and earrings. Look for the housewares later on in the month!

No comments: