Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coffee Talk: Order and Orders

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned cleaning and bathroom remodeling. After doubling the length of time we were told it was going to take, the remodelers finally finished the bathroom yesterday. Here's a quick shot:


It's a small bathroom but it functions well. Even better now that the ugly old tile and pink bathtub are gone (I'm talking ugly pink!) Everything is in order now.

Remember the adjustable ring project using the Double Dips in Step by Step Wire this month? It's the fourth time I've had a project published in the magazines yet the first time I've had a run on orders for my work.


Other beadmakers had told me to watch out when you published a project, you'd get a run on your beads you wouldn't be able to keep up with. Well, that didn't happen the first 3 times I published. So I was taken off guard the fourth time around.

Needless to say, I'm furiously working on the orders with the extra day I have off from the sign language interpreting but I'm very sore from over-use.

Let that be a lesson to me, fourth time is a charm! I've got order in my house and orders on the table - what more can a beadmaker ask for?

4 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Congrats on finishing the bathroom. I have a small one as well and am thinking up putting one of those cabinets above the toilet for extra space!

It is a very good thing that you are so busy! Good luck.

Amy Jo said...

Jop25Yay for orders and a completed bathroom!

Jeannie said...

So are you talk'in pepto bismol pink?

So cool you have a run on your cool dips. I'm surprised they're not SOLD OUT all the time.

I hope it keeps up for you Cindy.

Hazel Ward said...

I'm guessing it was what people on the UK would call 'Calpol' pink - really sickly and bright looking ;)

Great news of the 'run' - hope the orders keep coming (well, as long as you want them to!)