Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday Wire: What I'm Wearing Thanks to Miss FickleMedia

Little over a week ago, I was reading Miss FickleMedia's blog. No, I didn't leave a comment but I left one in my head which was me excitedly yelling -

I HAVE TO HAVE THAT LOTUS PENDANT!!

I promptly went over to EB Bead and Metal Works and bought it. I love the deep plum and yellow color. How many times have you heard me expound on the much maligned color yellow?


Don't you smile when you see forsythia in the spring? A little purple helps it pop. But the deep pinot noir/ plummy color of the lotus pendant is suited to a winter palette.

Once I paid for the pendant, it was sent promptly and I couldn't wait to make it into a piece of personal jewelry. I put together a quick and easy necklace where I added just a bit of my other favorite color, green by using my double dips.


I particularly like adding a bit of green because it's associated with the heart chakra. Some associations with the heart chakra according to about.com are:

# Color - green, pink
# Sanskrit Name - anahata
# Physical Location - center of chest
# Purposes - emotional empowerment
# Spiritual Lesson - forgiveness, unconditional love, letting go, trust, compassion

Makes you see green in a different light doesn't it?


I have a lovely new piece of art jewelry full of personal meaning - thanks to Miss FickleMedia.

Are you wearing a piece of jewelry thanks to someone?

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

i am so glad you got one of those! they are beautiful - and you made it so meaningful for yourself... i have so many people to thank here in bloggerland - the constant sharing of information has surely enriched my life...

Davinia said...

The pendant is fabulous and you created such a gorgeous necklace with it. I'm with you on green...love it to bits and use far too much of it in my jewelry designs.

rosebud101 said...

Wow! Cindy, you did a beautiful job with your wonderful jewelry! I love Miss Fickle Media! Thanks for the great post!

Heather said...

I love that simply stunning piece. EB Bead and Metalworks are the best! I bought a kokopelli pendant and it inspired a fantastic design for me. Love your lotus and thanks for sharing all the meaningfulness.
You are absolutely right about the green- gives it the pizazz it needs to compliment the gorgeous lotus pendant. Nice work.

I LOVE color! said...

I also loved the lotus piece. and I think you love the yellow-green is because it is the complement to red-violet. GREAT DESIGN
Be Blessed

SandysColoringBox.blogspot.com