Monday, December 15, 2008

Curses Foiled Again!

Do you remember Dudley Do Right, the cartoon mountie a segment that originally aired on the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show in 1969? I've downloaded a picture of his arch nemesis, Snidely Whiplash whose signature line was "Curses, foiled again!" -



Well, that's how I felt this past weekend when I was tied up in the huge roll of copper foil. I continue to work on mastering the art of soldering - I'm still struggling with the tinning and soldering end of it all - hats off to those who make it look easy. In the meantime, I feel like Nell tied up on the tracks but Snidely's line fits how I feel when I find myself muttering....

"Curses! Foiled again!!"

3 comments:

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

They make cool slotted copper foil holders, but if you don't need to get that fancy, I've found that putting a small loop of twist-tie around the outside, not too tight, will help keep it from going 'SPROING' on you while you're trying to control it, LOL!

I also keep it inside a large sized zip-lock bag with just the loose end sticking out. Otherwise the copper foil starts to oxidize and it's harder to solder.

angelinabeadalina said...

SPROING is right, LOL! I got some out of the bags I'd stored it in when the torch called me (read--Angie abandoned new stained glass hobby for melting glass and never looked back) and tried using it this weekend. "Sproing" is a pretty good description. Your work looks so smooth and even, Cindy! It's going to be a lovely piece of jewelry after you do the soldering/tinning.

rosebud101 said...

Cindy, I don't know how people do it, soldering that is. It blows my mind.