Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Ornament Thursday

Merry Christmas! Since many of us are busy today, myself included, I wanted to share my Jingle Spiral from last year with you. Enjoy your day!


I'm all about instant gratification when it comes to crafts. If you're like me,today's Jingle Spiral Ornament will satisfy your need for craft speed! I used one of my handmade extra long (55mm or 2. 25 inches) Glass Spirals, 20 gauage silver wire and tiny oxidized silver metal bells. You'll need your flush cutters, round and flat nose pliers. (Pictures follow directions.)

Since measuring impedes instant gratification, I used the spiral to figure out how much wire to use. Unwind twice the length of the spiral or about 4.5 inches of wire. Cut using the flush cutters, it will give you a nice smooth end.


Use your round nose plies to make a loop at one end of the wire.

Straighten the remaining length of wire at the neck of the loop. You'll want the ornament to hang straight.

Add 3 tiny oxidized metal beads.

Add spiral.

Make small loop above the spiral.

Use your index finger to make the large loop for hanging the ornament.

Your Jingle Spiral is now ready to hang!

Let's see what the Ornament Thursday Grlzzz are up to:



BeadStyle Magazine
A seed-beaded ornament for the holidays.

Strands of Beads
Melissa shows off a simple snowflake necklace for her final seasonal piece of the year.

No comments: