Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday Favorites and Reveling Bead Blogger Links!

This week's favorites are actual purchases I've made recently. You can get a sense of my taste in jewelry. I like simple and clean, not alot of adornment in the jewelry I wear everyday. What adornment there is I like to be meaningful to me (like the hands). Since I've been described as "quirky" the jewelry I choose will reflect that too like this recent purchase, the  Fortune Teller Necklace from The Mymble's Daughter.


And back to the meaningful jewelry, this lovely hamsa ring from (yes, hands again!) from jewelry by michal



A short list of links today as our beadbloggers are out celebrating the new year. Hope your new year is filled with beautiful beads and many other good things!

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene reviews the different options for accepting payment.

Beading Arts
Cyndi has finished her last Bead Journal Project piece for the year. Yay!!

Beading & Books
Michelle shares the 10 most memorable blog posts she read in 2010.

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Cindy re-reads her KISS post before planning for 2011.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie reviews a wonderful book about making chain.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean gives a shout out for a fab class she took at Beaducation online, which as you will see, will revv up your urge to bead and have FUN!--Happy New Year!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Two publications from Interweave Press have hit the stands and Andrew suggests you check them out!

2 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

thanks for sharing these..i love that necklace
Happy New Year

Elizabeth said...

I would soooooooooo wear both of those pieces. I'm fascinated by hands as well.

have a Great New Year.