Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday Wire....it's cold outside, an oldie but a goodie

Brrrr! I know it's cold outside but when I woke up this morning, it was cold inside! I went to check the temperature and my thermostat batteries were dead. Luckily I had new batteries and put them in. That's when the thermostat died. Sooooo, I've got no heat in the house this morning. I'm waiting until 8 am so I can call the repairman.

In the meantime, I recommending an oldie but a goodie: Making Wire Jewelry by Helen Clegg and Mary Larom.

(You can't really click on the picture to see what's inside, you'll have to go to Amazon to see it.)

I love this book for the variety of projects and techniques it has for the beginner. It's a bit dated and sparsely illustrated yet the illustrations it does have are very helpful. The Egyptian Coil bracelet/necklace is worth the price of a used book, which by the way, you can pick up for a song!

That leads me to the obvious segue of another oldie but goodie that I'm singing as I wait for the heating to be fixed.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

FeliƧ any nou 2011 !!

Elizabeth said...

That book looks amazing. The clip was too cute for words.

jamberry_song said...

Oooo, that looks like a great book! Sorry to hear about your heating troubles. :( This is the wrong time of year for that! Hope it is fixed soon, and that it isn't too expensive. That scene in Elf is my favorite from that movie. ^__^ The harmonies were magic!

Stay warm!