Sunday, January 22, 2006

Creative Spurt!.....January 22, 2006



WOW! I've been having the most energetic burst of creative energy for the past 36 hours that has me so excited! I went to the torch yesterday with a plan to work with enamels to figure out how to use them. I've had a sampler set for about a year and a half and tried several times with them but nothing came out very well - with the exception of the petals on the flower ring I made last year. Other than enhancing pink, I hadn't developed any technique using them. So with that in mind, I went to the torch planning on making some enamel square beads. I made a few and then all of a sudden, I decided to try sculptural. Not your little bunny or funky alien type sculptural, but real honest to goodness sculputure - a female torso! And I make one and then another and then another and then... well you get the idea! Just all of a sudden, I was making them! They look like a female torso too! I had to get up at 5 am this morning to see the ones in the kiln and to start making some more! I was at the torch at 6:45 am!

I've got pictures up of my auctions on Justbeads. Sweet little hearts - to make these, you make dots and then heat the dot until the glass is like taffy, then with a small pick, you pull the dot into a heart shape. This pulls the bead out of round so you then have to heat and melt the whole bead back to round. Pop into the kiln for a good annealing and then ready for you!

No comments: