Monday, January 02, 2006

January 2, 2006.....Quick posting before torching


Good morning! Here's a photo I took of a garden statue I have of a seated Buddha. He sits outside my studio door and I see him every morning as I connect the propane to torch. This one morning, he was a profound message for me. If you're feeling overwhelmed, remember, that snow will melt! I'm sharing it with you here. If you like the print as much as I do, you can go to my CafePress store - http://www.cafepress.com/cindygimbrone to purchase a print.

I'm such a morning-person! I get up early in the morning and do about 4-5 hours of torching then off to do other things for the day. I balance my freelance interpreting with the torching this way - interpret in the afternoon and torch in the morning. I know many part-time lampworkers do the opposite - "regular work" in the morning/day and then night time torching. My energy is gone by then - I've tried but my whole body is wired to do my best work in the morning. So, better get out there before the morning's gone!

No comments: