Friday, May 16, 2008

Re-stocking or Addiction?

I jumped out of bed this morning and ran to the computer - Darn! Too early to put in my order for the new color available from DoubleHelix Glass. Good lordy - why in the world does a new glass color cause so much excitement?


Take a look at this glass, it's call "Triton." Cool, huh? Can't you just see the beads made of this glass?

I tell myself I'm re-stocking.

True, I'm running low on Psyche and I'm allowing myself to "re-stock" every two months in order to stay within budget.



Ooo-ahhh look at the colors in Psyche! The iridescence in the purple is so lovely in person, this picture just doesn't do it justice. How can I let myself run out of it?!?

If I'm honest, I think it's a glass addiction and not true re-stocking.

Why?

Because I was in the local stained glass shop buying more sheet glass for my fused cabs. I haven't actually MADE one of them since my handpainted Red ART flower necklace.



But bUt BuT... I AM working on new cabs and didn't have any clear to cap off the tops.

(insert graphic of me hanging head in shame here)

Yep, that's one of the stages of addiction: denial.

Is there a twelve step for glass addiction?

2 comments:

bunbungirl said...

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games, Japanese foods).
Would you introduce my site in your site if you like it?
http://japanesefood-cultuer-history-anime.blogspot.com/

Riyo Gems said...

The blog entry above is very interesting. They have very well elaborated the items. I really love the above blog entry. And I have found a nice link. I have found great website for nice and beautiful Jewellery website. It has nice Styles and good product. They carry many items which are unique and handmade and also some trendy. They have sterling

silver Gemstones Handmade Jewellery. And also they have white gold 18kt Diamond Jewellery with Ruby, emerald and sapphire. You can visit them here www.riyogems.com/index-1.asp or www.riyogems.com please visit online shopping section and you can securely use your credit card to order the goods. The entire items are made in India.