Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Components, Artbeads, Andrew Thornton, Green Girl and Use The Muse II



I've got lots new components sitting on my design board. I'm starting with my Frosted Links. I love their softness and depth. Now, what to pair them with?

I've just joined the Artbeads blogging partners and have some yummy Swarovski crystal ovals coming my way. The "volcano" crystal is a nice complementary color for the blue-gray Frost Link - or even the Kelp color.





But that's not all I have. I've been talking to the awesome Andrew Thornton about doing a Collaboration Exploration. Andrew is an amazingly talented artist and brother to that superlicious artist, Cynthia Thornton of Green Girl Studios. Andrew sent a handpicked selection of Green Girl components:



How awesome is Andrew? Pretty darned awesome I'd say!

I have one last set of amazing beads on their way to me. I've signed up for Use the Muse II. Can't wait to get the set of beads.

So with all these inspirational components in front of me, I better get to work.

What kind of components inspire you?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm loving the Use the Muse kit. As soon as I opened mine, I had an idea for what I wanted to do...I've been playing with it for the past week...And, of course, had to order a couple of things to finish my idea :o) Your other goodies look great, too! Have fun with the Muse kit!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks for all your kind words! I can't wait for the collaboration. I've been soaking up some sun and lots of inspiration.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Katie,

Sounds like you're having a great time! I can't wait to get mine. It'll be exciting to see what everyone creates with it!

Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Andrew,

You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I know you're on a very slow connection so I appreciate it :-)

The collaboration is going to be awesome! Can't wait :-)

Cindy