Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Experimenting with new media to mix with my glass



I'm jumping with both feet into different media to mix with my glass this week in anticipation of next week's trip to the Glass Art Society's conference. I know lots of you are into the scrapbooking phenomenon. It wasn't a craft I jumped into. Love all the stuff but a packrat like me can't start accumulating paper - it's just an reason never to clean! But I have a few things here and there - like the alcohol inks I used for the post "Glue is not my BFF" and the stamps I used on my packaging DIY style.

So this is what's on my dining room table (what? you don't think I'd eat meals at a perfectly good craft table do you?!). What do you think I'm going to make with it?

6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I would love to see what you do with those things! I do harbor a secret obsession with paper and related projects. So I naturally had to start a jewelry off shoot...those are going over well! Hmmmm I think maybe inking the stamps and stamping the glass to fuse...is that even possible? Can't wait to find out!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

SummersStudio said...

Can't wait to see what you do. Our dining room table looks much the same. Dining in the dining room is over rated.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Erin,

Stamping the glass to fuse absolutely does work. The Gothic Lace Necklace has a stamped pattern behind the heart. It's fun!

I'm working on the piece today. Hopefully will have some pix from tomorrow or Friday!

Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

LOL, SummersStudio! I almost spit out my water when I read your comment! Dining in the dining room IS over-rated! LOL!

Gotta love the tablecloth though, how inspiring can the colors in a tablecloth be?!!!

Ink-ingly yours,
Cindy

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Cindy, it's a slippery slope, I now have two-drawer lateral file cabinets that I lovingly call my 'PAPER BARN' - have fun!

Shai Williams said...

I don't think that I will ever be a scrapbooker. Heck I am just now getting into taking pictures..