Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday morning... March 7, 2006


Here's another test bead I made with the Wild Roses frit. I used the Italian Effetre red-brown for the base. You can barely see the base bead here but I think it looks only so-so. It doesn't really detract from the frit colors or react and turn black but I don't think the red-brown enhances the frit colors. I'm also not sure adding the 3 petaled flowers over the base and frit was a good idea either! Like I said, test bead :-)

I haven't put up any auctions lately because I'm feverishly working up inventory to take to the Urban Glass Show in NYC later on this month. I think every beadmaker always thinks that s/he hasn't got enough inventory for the show. You should see my home office right now - I've got trays of beads laid out from one end of the room to the other! I keep thinking, should I take mostly focals or sets? Advice to artists is to find a voice and stick with that - I find my voice is versatility! I like to do many different things. When I was in high school, I was voted "Most Versatile" - it sticks with me. There's so much to do and learn with glass, how can I stick to just a few things?!? I can't - so I always offer a wide range of "voices."

No comments: