Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Variation on a theme: Spirals



I toyed with the idea of a spiral-on-a-bead in the bead set I made for last week's Collaboration Exploration (see below). Laura Bracken included the blue/green spiral in her art necklace, Flight of Man and Bridgitte Tucker created her Del Mar series with them. Yet I made this little beauty first. As a prototype bead, I wore it everywhere to make sure the design could hold up to wear before I offered it to my customers. It passed the wear and tear test and I made the spirals for the Collaboration. Now it's time for this one to step into the spotlight!

2 comments:

lourdes said...

Wow- the ring is really lovely. Glad to hear your son was okay, though I bet it was a scary night. Haalloween can hold no terrros for you now.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thank you, Lourdes! Yes, it was a scary night! He's better now, thanks!