Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Feeling Bookish....

I'm a book worm. In all the family pictures of picnics or days at the beach or a lazy Sunday afternoon, there I am with my nose in a book.

The first piece of furniture I owned as a young adult was a bookshelf.

Beadlovers, don't hate me but I'll even part with my beads before I'll part with my books.

So this necklace by Margaux Kent of The Black Spot Books had my name written all over it when I saw it on Etsy last Saturday.

Made from an old leather postcard (I didn't even know they made leather postcards!) it's tiny. Just perfect to wear around my neck and show the world just what kind of person I am.

A booklover.

What about you? Do you love books?

9 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

As a former English teacher I do love books. I just wish that I had more time in my days to read them! I bought three of Esther's gorgeous book charm/pendants from France last year at this time. I gave away one, and have hoarded the other two obsessively. I think that the time has come to make something with them!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

SummersStudio said...

Gorgeous and I'd part with not only my beads, but my tools, and just about everything in my house before I'd part with my books.

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Yes, I love my books. I have one whole bedroom dedicated to bookshelves overfilled with books. I did break down and buy the Nook and I love it! Though I do miss turning the pages of books sometimes. That necklace is fabulous!

Nancy Markosky said...

so cute! I too am a book lover, reading 2 or 3 books a week and even more in the summer. I have been reading lots of ebooks lately- love how you can download and start reading immediately.

Sue Doran said...

I adore books, I love my books. I need space for more bookshelves. I have books everywhere and I love buying more.

Your new necklace is wonderful!

Susan Marling said...

I am with you too! I love,love books - love to read. Going into a quaint bookstore is wonderfully soothing. I really like the pendant too.

SallyAnderson said...

Oh, I'm such a book lover, too! A former librarian even. But after one (company-paid) move where the movers said they'd never moved so many books, we started to clear them out. It was cathartic actually. We only kept a few and try to maintain a policy of one new one in, an old one out. Even cookbooks had to go. I know that if there's something I really want, it's available in the library or I can download it. I know many find that sacrilegious but it worked for us!!
Sally

Elizabeth said...

I love books. I'm an English teacher....

Hannah said...

As a fellow booklover, I think this is an awesome necklace!!