Monday, October 27, 2008

Grandma's Jewelry and Kazmer's Staple



I'm going through all of my sentimental bits and pieces to work into jewelry. I spent the weekend working on the pottery shards. So I went back to my treasure box and pulled this out. It was one of my grandmother's - I think my father's mother or my husband's maternal grandmother, not sure which now. It's small, about 14.5 inches - it fits tight to the neck. They're a good example of the "staple" I see in Kazmer's Making Connections book. I'm working on trying to create some as refined as these are - the ones I made this weekend were clumsy. I know - I need to show a picture and I will - stay tuned.

Have you done any metal work? Are you trying a new technique with your work?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Cindy!
I am tagging you! I hope you don't mind?
The rules are on my blog, just in case you don't know them...
Maria Grimes
www.mariagrimes.blogspot.com

angelinabeadalina said...

Cindy, that necklace is lovely, simplicity and elegance entwined...What fun you must be having incorporating your treasures into new pieces