Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Score at the Flea Market


As if I don't have enough of my own junk, I made a trip to the flea market before it gets to cold to go. I found a vendor who repairs watches so he has a lot of old watches and small watch parts. He was amazed to find out that people are making jewelry and art out of the old parts. I scored some fabulous antique and vintage watch cases with crystal intact. The square watch case has an amber crystal - sooo cool!

Can't forget the other vendor I found who had tons of old brass hardware and skeleton keys.

It's finds like these that inspire me and make me want to go back!

Do you have a favorite piece of junk or junk store you frequent?

3 comments:

Deb said...

What fabulous finds Cindy - a great score!

We don't really seem to have flea markets here - & when we do these days they are full of stalls selling new cheap imported stuff.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I wish I enjoyed that sort of shopping, just wandering and looking and hoping to make a fabulous find like yours! I guess I'm just too much of a homebody, and I don't have the good shopping vibes to find the good stuff. You made a fantastic find, I know you'll make some wonderful things.

rosebud101 said...

Love the pieces, Cindy! You did well. I'm a thrift store junkie. I have found some wonderful pieces of jewlery there that I take apart and remake. I also look for keys and other odds and ends, but I haven't been able to find exactly what I am looking for.