Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Minding the Business: Be Inspired. Be Brave. Digital Art Pep Talk


This is a digital collage I made using PhotoShop Elements 8, a Wacom Bamboo tablet and Digital Expressions.  It's a visual peptalk to encourage me to step forward and do something of the things I've been dreaming and talking about for a long time. The colors are strong and saturated like a stiff cup of coffee to get me going. A self portrait is paired with one of my favorite glass beads to remind me of my creative self. Text phrases are bent into crowns so I can wear who I am proudly. The entire collage brings together phrases that encourage me to live and work in my own skin. 
 
I know I'm not the only one. You probably feel like this at least sometimes. You might want to make  Peptalk Collage for the days when you can't reach your best girlfriend to talk. Making the collage made me think, made me create, made me smile and made me brave.


Eunice Kennedy Shriver puts into words what I need to tell myself when I step out with fear:

Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.
 
Let me be brave and I wish all of you to be brave but most of all, I want us all to win our dreams.




1 comment:

cw whitedogjewelry said...

Great words to start off a creative new year. 'love the collage. You are very talented. I hope you continue to design and push yourself to the limit so you can feel that sense of great accomplishment that you are looking for.
Continued success in 2012.
Chris