Thursday, September 25, 2008

Brewing up Glass and Sugar Calaveras


I've been brewing up new a new addition to the Heartz n Skullz series - Calaveraz. Inspired by the sugar skulls or Calaveras of Day of the Dead, my glass Calaveraz are made of pale ivory glass with a millefiore on her forehead and flames in red and yellow creating a halo around her head.


But glass sugar skulls aren't edible so today's OT project shares a
recipe for Sugar Skulls. Have fun making them!(Photo credit: Make.)

Check out what the other OT Grlzzz have brewed up over on the Ornament Thursday Blog!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Cindy - I love where the Heartz n Skullz are going right now.

I've never tried a sugar skull - but this is such great timing as I was saying to Mallory just today that the whole Day of the Dead celebration has always appealed to me.

JenniferJangles said...

Oh Cindy, I looooove your skull, he's adorable. Is that okay to say about a skull?

It's great!
Jennifer
Jangles

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Deb,

Thanks, Deb! I've got all sorts of ideas how to expand the line and I like what's coming off the mandrel :-)
I've never tried them either but this is the year I'm making them! It should be a sugar-licious Halloween! :-)

Write a blog post when you make them - it'll be fun to read how you do!

Calaveras-ly yours,
Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Jennifer,

I love her too! She's supposed to be adorable although dead - so I think it's fine you say she's adorable! LOL!

Thanks for looking!
Cindy

Amanda said...

OH! What an adorable little skull!
I like how her head itself resembles a little red-petaled daisy. (:

rosebud101 said...

That is a great skull! I love the idea that La Dia De Los Muertos is a day of celebration of life rather than death. Your skull has a great personality! Good going!

Alexa said...

Cindy - this is so fab! I love that you always do something new and fresh with your lampwork designs!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Cindy, I LOVE this one - the millefiori adds a wonderful touch! Yay for skulls!

Lisa said...

Cindy...that is amazing. You glass goddesses always leave me wanting more. :) Beads that is.

Michelle McGee said...

So cute!

(Can skulls be cute?)