Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Research, Review, Renew

Remember when I said I was working on the Skele'Bowz in Black and wanted flowers for the eyes? After trying millefiore in the eyes...

...EWWWW...those are way too big but they're all I have so I couldn't try smaller ones besides, millefiore is the obvious choice and many others use the millis for eyes. So I wanted to try something different.



Copper sheet! Cool, huh how the copper didn't go completely red like it can and stayed orange and shiney! This was such a happy accident, I was planning on using red glass but anyone who uses Italian glass, it's hard to tell the difference between the orange and red transparents in the rod. So, I was using orange instead of red - but it worked out just perfectly!

So, now I'm reviewing some of my previous beads and I really want to bring back the glass hands.I'd like to do more with them this time around rather than just the open palm. So, I've dived into research on hands, the use of hands, language of hands, gesture, religious representation, etc. I'm researching so I can review what I've done and make the hands anew!

Fashions come and go, some styles are a happy accident like the Skele'Bowz in Black above but others are a result of research, review and renew. Have you created anything recently that was a happy accident or a result of the RRR?

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

At the urging of Bernadette Fuentes, I made my first hands. The first 3 looked like cartoon hands. The last one was more human like, but you people who make hands have no competition from me! I'm anxious to see them.

angelinabeadalina said...

Of course, you need to do hands! You even use hands to communicate in your "other life," and I'm thinking you might try some hand gestures :) Of course, this said by the woman who once had a hand sculpture not only crack but give her the finger, LOL!

Your orange and black SkeleBowz looks very cool!