Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 11, 2006....Reactions and colors

As I said in an earlier post, my glass hasn't been about the reactions and colors I could get in the beads, it's been about what I could create in the medium....but in the interest of expanding and growing, I've been working on color and reactions. This set of beads is more a study in color with a little emphasis on the reactions. The copper green will behave in a particular way when layered onto the purple/orchid and opal yellow. I've had the opal yellow and the copper green for about 2 years now. I wasn't crazy about the colors or the fact that the copper green had to be "cleaned" of its rusty devitrification each time I made a bead. I've gotten a better handle on the copper green now and know how to work it in the flame. The copper green will absorb into the base color and create a fine line of concentrated color....a nice effect!

No comments: