Monday, June 26, 2006

June 26, 2006 Results of the weekend's experiements!


I woke up at 4:15 this morning and I just can't go back to sleep. So, I thought I'd just get up and post to the blog! Crazy, isn't it?! Most would roll over and go back to sleep - I just couldn't. Laid there for about an hour and then just had to get up and do something!

I worked all weekend on "new" techniques for me. It takes awhile to come up with something that is worth showing, though. Sometimes, I come up with a bead that looks fabulous and when you photograph it close up, you see little teeny things you didn't see before! Geez, now I know why models are so obsessive about their physical appearance! When you get photographed you see things that you just don't see in real life! So anyways, it can take several weeks of practice on a technique before I come up with something presentable. I do have a bead that I really like to show you today!

Today's bead I'm calling, Enameled Kronos. No, it's not very creative but that's what it is! I rolled a base bead of whatever transparent glass I had lying on the bench in white enamel (powdered glass). Dotted on the Kronos - let me tell you, it was difficult to strike because if I used my usual reducing flame, it caused the white enamel to go gray-black. So, I had to wave the bead in and out of the flame, let it cool almost to cracking and then re-heat. Making this bead took alot longer than it normally does. I like the look of it and it's a nice barrel shape. I've been carrying it around in my pocket all weekend. Definitely "pocket worthy."

2 comments:

Miachelle said...

I like your title for it-it makes me think of the ocean. I think combining it with some A grade lapis lazuli would be sharp.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Glad you liked the title, Jeweled Reporter! I like your suggestion for combining it with the lapis.