Monday, March 17, 2008

Over the Rainbow....




I thought the video was appropriate since today's post is about Rainbows. Last week, I blogged about Alternative Styles, the inspiration behind the bead series "Heartz n Skullz." On my recent Studio Saturday on Art Bead Scene, I took you into my studio to show you a new spiral, The Rainbow Spiral or Spiraled Chakra Colors, both are the same prismatic colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. But the request for the chakra colors in a rainbow wasn't the first time I was asked to make a bead in those colors. A couple of years ago, I was making glass hands regularly. I had a request to make a hand in the chakra colors. My base color could be whatever I wanted - so if you read my blog, you know I love to work with yellow. This yellow is a pearly shampoo glass so I couldn't resist.

At my shows, I usually have glass hands among the beads, but don't have them on my website. I'm thinking of bringing them back to the website. Do you think I should?


No comments: