Sunday, March 02, 2008

New Spiral: Chakra or Rainbow?


In my Etsy shop, I have an announcement that custom orders are accepted. A couple of weeks ago, I had a potential customer contact me and ask if I could make a rainbow colored spiral. This is a good opportunity to do a brief FAQ on custom orders.

Most custom orders are requests for variations on a bead style I'm already making. So, I don't have to master a new technique to do them. That's good for the customer because it keeps the cost down.

At the torch, I give myself 3 times or 3 tries at making the custom order. I don't usually like the first but generally by the 2nd try, I've made the customers bead. I make one more to allow for the unforseen accident where I may drop or crack a bead.

So, I made this bead for a customer who was a little apprehensive - a yogini who wasn't aware how the bead was made. When she received it, she was thrilled! So was I! I love how this has turned out. So much so, I'm adding the Rainbow Spiral to my regular line of spirals.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the spiral...I'm going to need to get one with the chakra colors for a good friend!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks, Lisa. I'm sure your friend will love it. It's very sparkly!

Joann Loos said...

Is there a difference between the chakra colors and the rainbow? Either way, it's a gorgeous piece