Friday, April 25, 2008

I jump with both feet into cosplay

It's that time of year again, "The Con" or better known as Anime North is coming to Toronto, Canada. This is "Con" number 3 in the past two years and the second time at Anime North. I think The Boy (otherwise known as my son) has settled on Anime North as the best. I blogged about Anime North and Over Protective Parent last year - Over Protective Parents have re-emerged again this year, despite the fact The Boy is 16. Now that I've been to a Con, I know it can be fun but some of the activities are too mature for teens. Over Protective Parents go to serve as a base and "if I need you kind of thing." Besides The Boy is used to us as are his friends - afterall, I do have 10 teens in my house every Friday night!

This year, The Boy has asked me to make a cosplay . Since one of my birthday presents was a Babylock Creative Pro - I've got the equipment to do it. I used to sew all my own clothes but I haven't done any serious sewing since The Boy was born (ack! how is that almost 20 years ago?!?).



The Boy has been a fan of Anime since he was four - it started with Speed Racer and Pokemon and has evolved into Final Fantasy. Yes, I've watched the Final Fantasy movies and happily admit to loving the most recent one. But I digress from my task at hand - to sew a cosplay for The Boy.

His character of choice is Tidus.



Ok, I didn't say it would be easy, right?

No comments: