Thursday, July 23, 2009

Comments on the Comments, Black Bird Reflections and Bones

Blowing Kiss (Lg) Smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks to everyone who commented on the stamp books and the watch parts I found at the flea market. Such great stories especially with the stamp books! The vendors at a flea market always inflate the first price they offer. You have to be willing to negotiate and walk away if you truly feel it's too much. Some of the watch cases are 10K gold so I'm willing to pay a little bit more for them. You're better off going to a vendor who is ready and willing to sell what s/he and move the merchandise - some view themselves as antique dealers and you'll never get a good price from them. Know the vendor! That's my flea market tip for today, folks!


Over the past few months, I've experimented with different techniques. A couple are pretty quick and are included in this necklace I'm calling "Black Bird Reflections." The glass nuggets are picked up at a local craft store going out of business. They were purchased for a song (yuck yuck!) Birds sing songs get it? Ok Ok, I'll stop trying to be funny when I'm not ;-)

Anyways, I'm writing up the tutorial which I'll post tomorrow. It's just taking me longer than expected. Mostly because I ditzed last night and watched one extra episode of Bones.




Bones always has what The Teen and I call "gratuitous grossness." That's where they show the decomposed body or burned up body and the audience goes "EWWWWWW!" It's not necessary to the plot really but is an attention getter and maybe appeals to The Horror Genre Fan.

Despite the gratuitous grossness, I love the quirky characters (you know how I love quirkiness) and the jewelry that "Tempie" and "Angela" wear. What bead-obsessed person wouldn't love a show full of fab jewelry?

So while I finish the tutorial - is there a show you love to watch and it has fabulous jewelry and/or fashion?

(Thank you to Starplus for the photo and Photobucket for the smiley love.)

8 comments:

sharon said...

Can't say I have a favorite show, I just really don't see much tv, especially with really good jewelry in it, so I'll have to check out bones! Not sure I'm into the grossness of it though...I do like House sometimes though! Anyway, I loooove your necklace, really have a thing for birds, and this is terrific. I have started to experiment with resin a little, still working on it. Any tips would be very helpful. Thanks Cindy!

Deb said...

I refuse to miss an episode of Bones.

That was easy & probably the shortest answer you have ever had from me.

TesoriTrovati said...

Project Runway......oh how I wish they would air it already!!!

When they do a Project Jewelry Designer I am so there!

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Unknown said...

I find I am always envious of the sundresses and hairstyles in True Blood - they picked out a truly fantastic wardrobe for her!

Emi

TesoriTrovati said...

Hey Cindy!
I just wanted to let you know that my sweet little surprise bead showed up today in the mail when I got home. It is soooooo pretty! I will be sure to make something gorgeous with it and share it with you when I do! Thanks again for picking me in your last giveaway!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

rosebud101 said...

Cindy, I enjoy Bones, too, but I have noticed some very lovely, but simple jewelry on Grays' Anatomy. I guess doctors have to wear simple things, but they are lovely!

Mary Harding said...

Her necklaces are fabulous. Do you think Kathy Reichs likes to make jewelry? My husband is a tremendous fan of this program and her books so we see it alot. I am always craning to see what she will have around her neck.

Alice said...

I love NCIS and most anything on the Food Network. Not much in the way of jewelry on either...

My mother passes on her smutty she's-too-old-for-these magazines, and there's usually some good inspiration there.

I love, love, love the Black Bird Reflections necklace! It's a beauty!

Alice