Thursday, July 02, 2009

Guard Cat watching over my entry for Beader's Muse II

I'm about to show you a Top Secret Project I'm working on - Use the Muse II. I'm not allowed to show any part of "the Muse" but I can show you the components I've chosen from my kit that includes beautiful beads from Artbeads and my Frost Links in Kelp and Blue Gray that I've chosen to go along with the Muse.

I'm using some of the beautiful chain I got from the R&T Bead Tour last week. The only problem I have with the chain is that I don't have some in gunmental!

Mums the word on this project until the big reveal on Scarlett Lanson's The Beader's Muse. So that's all I can show you for now. The necklace is shaping up very nicely - I love it and intend to wear it! But you're not to breathe a word of this until the big reveal probably sometime around the first of August.

Good thing I've got Guard Cat watching over the studio. I have a cat who thinks he's a dog. He follows me around the house wherever I go and sits at my feet when I sit down to my workbench. Around here, he's known as "Kitty-Dog" and he sits at the front door standing guard.





"Meooowwwww-ruuuurrffff!"

9 comments:

Katie said...

Love the sneak peek at your Muse pieces...I've been meaning to do a similar sneak peek all week and just haven't gotten around to it, but I think you've inspired me to get off my duff and do it :o)

What a great guard cat - I have two cats that are part dog...They both play fetch better than my dogs...But, then again, we think my schnauzer is part cat :o)

angelinabeadalina said...

Your necklace is going to be extraordinary, what all those pretty blues and greens and muted metallics (what's the right word for worn-looking and not stab the eye shiny?)! I love the whole feel I get from looking at the components.

P.S. Ginger Cats rule!! Give Kitty-Dog a high paw from Momo!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Katie,

Kitty-Dog's older brother who we lost last year used to chase dogs out of our yard - no kidding! I caught him chasing a deer once too. Kitty-Dog isn't quite as fierce as that but since all the cats I have are rescue, they probably had to be tough before I got them.

I'll look forward to seeing your sneak peak! I'm sure it will be amazing :-)

Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Ang,

Yay for ginger cats or as we refer to them here as "marmalade kitties." Hmmm interesting to see if there's a regional things going on (ooopsss, that's the interpreter in me coming out! ;-)

I love what I'm coming up with for the necklace. The color palette is muted like you said. It'll look nice on a blouse for work or with jeans.

Tell Momo - "meow" from Kitty-Dog! ;-)

Cindy

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, Cindy, I'm a word nerd! Ah, the linguistics thing-- I called them "ginger cats" because Deb (Firebird Flameworks) in New Zealand refers to her humongous orange kitty Herc as a ginger cat. I've heard "marmalade cats" before, but I usually say "orange striped kitty" (grew up in Kentucky, lived in southern Illinois most of my adult life).

TesoriTrovati said...

Yea! I didn't get in this time, but I did the first one. It was so much fun! Can't wait to see the finished piece...and to vote!
Enjoy the day! Erin

rosebud101 said...

I can hardly wait to see the finished product! Good luck!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks, Mallory!

Shai Williams said...

What an alert guard pitty he is :)