Friday, July 17, 2009

Cosmic Bling Link Earrings


I've been on a earrings kick lately - whipping up earrings as fast as I can. Artbeads is carrying Swarovski Crystallized Cosmic Ovals that pair nicely with my Bling and Glass Links. I chose colors from the Volcano Cosmic Oval, pink, blue, orange, silver. I wanted the oval to hang in an usual way so I wove 26 gauge Artistic Wire in Rose to hold the Silvered Sky Bling Link to the Volcano Cosmic Oval. The weaving was a variation on the technique I used with the Lava and Ivory Links earrings. The gauge was smaller so I wove more wire in order to hold the oval. The pink echoes the color in the oval as does the golden jump ring and sterling silver hand formed ear wire. The lovely colors of the Volcano didn't show through in my photograph so I've borrowed one from Artbeads.com where I got the oval from:



Pretty, huh? I've got a couple other Cosmic Ovals I'm working into another project. The ovals work very well with all of my Bling, Frost and Glass Links. I love them and Artbeads.com!

Oh, and by the way, the white ceramic coffee cup makes a nice canvas don't you think?

6 comments:

Just A Tish said...

your designs make my head swim! I love your work

TesoriTrovati said...

I do like the compostion of the picture! I am always looking for fun ways to disply my work, and sometimes the simplest solution is best. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Esther said...

so cute!! and so cosmic too!! hugs!!

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Neat Earrings Cindy!

Jennifer Cameron said...

Love the cup! I never would have thought of that. I adore the earrings and think I need some of those crystals.

Luthvian said...

I love the pink wire! really pops the blue of the bottom oval, too.