Thursday, July 16, 2009

Earrings Rings n Things Style (Free Project!)

I got a little package from Dave of Rings n Things showing off some Swarovski cubes. Ooooo! What kind of quick earrings could I make? Since I'm stuck on gunmetal lately, I used R&T gunmetal findings and leverbacks, paired them with bali silver beadcaps and had a quick pair of pretty summer earrings.



Easy enough but if you'd like to make them yourself, here's the materials list:

Two 8mm Swarovski crystal cubes in any color you love

Two, 1.5 inch gunmetal headpins

Two 3mm or 4mm crystals in accenting color to the cube crystal

Two bali or bali style sterling beadcaps (here are some very similar to mine from ArtBeads.com)

Optional - two 3mm or 4mm crystals in accenting color to the cube and other crystals listed above.



Tools Needed:

round nose pliers

chainnose pliers

flush cutters



Directions:

String onto the headpin in this order, small crystal, beadcap, crystal cube and if you want, another small crystal.

Make loop at top using the round nose pliers (trim length if necessary with flush cutters).

Use chainnose pliers to open the loop you just made and attach to the leverback earring finding.

Done!

I like these quick projects. It uses up my stash and it can add to a summer outfit. Have you made a quick fashion project lately? Something to accent your wardrobe or update your jewelry?

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

We must be on the same wavelength because I made some earrings with my cubes as well...but I got different colors! I will be posting them soon in a giveaway...

Enjoy the day, Miss Cindy!
Erin

Dave Robertson said...

- A quick project also means you can get back out in the sunshine sooner ;) Neat way to use the crystal cubes, Cindy, thanks for this idea!

--Dave

Joann Loos said...

I would never have thought to combine cubes and round bead caps. It looks wonderful!